(45) And We had certainly sent to Thamud their brother Salih, [saying], "Worship Allah," and at once they were two parties conflicting.
(46) He said, "O my people, why are you impatient for evil instead of good? Why do you not seek forgiveness of Allah that you may receive mercy?"
(47) They said, "We consider you a bad omen, you and those with you." He said, "Your omen is with Allah. Rather, you are a people being tested."
(48) And there were in the city nine family heads causing corruption in the land and not amending [its affairs].
(49) They said, "Take a mutual oath by Allah that we will kill him by night, he and his family. Then we will say to his executor, 'We did not witness the destruction of his family, and indeed, we are truthful.' "
(50) And they planned a plan, and We planned a plan, while they perceived not.
(51) Then look how was the outcome of their plan - that We destroyed them and their people, all.
(52) So those are their houses, desolate because of the wrong they had done. Indeed in that is a sign for people who know.
(53) And We saved those who believed and used to fear Allah.
(54) And [mention] Lot, when he said to his people, "Do you commit immorality while you are seeing?
(55) Do you indeed approach men with desire instead of women? Rather, you are a people behaving ignorantly."