(27) But when they see it approaching, the faces of those who disbelieve will be distressed, and it will be said, "This is that for which you used to call."
(28) Say, [O Muhammad], "Have you considered: whether Allah should cause my death and those with me or have mercy upon us, who can protect the disbelievers from a painful punishment?"
(29) Say, "He is the Most Merciful; we have believed in Him, and upon Him we have relied. And you will [come to] know who it is that is in clear error."
(30) Say, "Have you considered: if your water was to become sunken [into the earth], then who could bring you flowing water?"
(1) Nun. By the pen and what they inscribe,
(2) You are not, [O Muhammad], by the favor of your Lord, a madman.
(3) And indeed, for you is a reward uninterrupted.
(4) And indeed, you are of a great moral character.
(5) So you will see and they will see
(6) Which of you is the afflicted [by a devil].
(7) Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has gone astray from His way, and He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided.
(8) Then do not obey the deniers.
(9) They wish that you would soften [in your position], so they would soften [toward you].
(10) And do not obey every worthless habitual swearer
(11) [And] scorner, going about with malicious gossip -
(12) A preventer of good, transgressing and sinful,
(13) Cruel, moreover, and an illegitimate pretender.
(14) Because he is a possessor of wealth and children,
(15) When Our verses are recited to him, he says, "Legends of the former peoples."
(16) We will brand him upon the snout.