(1) Those who disbelieve and avert [people] from the way of Allah - He will waste their deeds.
(2) And those who believe and do righteous deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He will remove from them their misdeeds and amend their condition.
(3) That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood, and those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus does Allah present to the people their comparisons.
(4) So when you meet those who disbelieve [in battle], strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them, then secure their bonds, and either [confer] favor afterwards or ransom [them] until the war lays down its burdens. That [is the command]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken vengeance upon them [Himself], but [He ordered armed struggle] to test some of you by means of others. And those who are killed in the cause of Allah - never will He waste their deeds.
(5) He will guide them and amend their condition
(6) And admit them to Paradise, which He has made known to them.
(7) O you who have believed, if you support Allah, He will support you and plant firmly your feet.
(8) But those who disbelieve - for them is misery, and He will waste their deeds.
(9) That is because they disliked what Allah revealed, so He rendered worthless their deeds.
(10) Have they not traveled through the land and seen how was the end of those before them? Allah destroyed [everything] over them, and for the disbelievers is something comparable.
(11) That is because Allah is the protector of those who have believed and because the disbelievers have no protector.