(48) And there will appear to them the evils they had earned, and they will be enveloped by what they used to ridicule.
(49) And when adversity touches man, he calls upon Us; then when We bestow on him a favor from Us, he says, "I have only been given it because of [my] knowledge." Rather, it is a trial, but most of them do not know.
(50) Those before them had already said it, but they were not availed by what they used to earn.
(51) And the evil consequences of what they earned struck them. And those who have wronged of these [people] will be afflicted by the evil consequences of what they earned; and they will not cause failure.
(52) Do they not know that Allah extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it]? Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe.
(53) Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."
(54) And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped.
(55) And follow the best of what was revealed to you from your Lord before the punishment comes upon you suddenly while you do not perceive,
(56) Lest a soul should say, "Oh [how great is] my regret over what I neglected in regard to Allah and that I was among the mockers."