(87) Except [We have left it with you] as a mercy from your Lord. Indeed, His favor upon you has ever been great.
(88) Say, "If mankind and the jinn gathered in order to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like of it, even if they were to each other assistants."
(89) And We have certainly diversified for the people in this Qur'an from every [kind] of example, but most of the people refused [anything] except disbelief.
(90) And they say, "We will not believe you until you break open for us from the ground a spring.
(91) Or [until] you have a garden of palm tress and grapes and make rivers gush forth within them in force [and abundance]
(92) Or you make the heaven fall upon us in fragments as you have claimed or you bring Allah and the angels before [us]
(93) Or you have a house of gold or you ascend into the sky. And [even then], we will not believe in your ascension until you bring down to us a book we may read." Say, "Exalted is my Lord! Was I ever but a human messenger?"
(94) And what prevented the people from believing when guidance came to them except that they said, "Has Allah sent a human messenger?"
(95) Say, "If there were upon the earth angels walking securely, We would have sent down to them from the heaven an angel [as a] messenger."
(96) Say, "Sufficient is Allah as Witness between me and you. Indeed he is ever, concerning His servants, Acquainted and Seeing."