(1) Sad. By the Qur'an containing reminder...
(2) But those who disbelieve are in pride and dissension.
(3) How many a generation have We destroyed before them, and they [then] called out; but it was not a time for escape.
(4) And they wonder that there has come to them a warner from among themselves. And the disbelievers say, "This is a magician and a liar.
(5) Has he made the gods [only] one God? Indeed, this is a curious thing."
(6) And the eminent among them went forth, [saying], "Continue, and be patient over [the defense of] your gods. Indeed, this is a thing intended.
(7) We have not heard of this in the latest religion. This is not but a fabrication.
(8) Has the message been revealed to him out of [all of] us?" Rather, they are in doubt about My message. Rather, they have not yet tasted My punishment.
(9) Or do they have the depositories of the mercy of your Lord, the Exalted in Might, the Bestower?
(10) Or is theirs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and what is between them? Then let them ascend through [any] ways of access.
(11) [They are but] soldiers [who will be] defeated there among the companies [of disbelievers].
(12) The people of Noah denied before them, and [the tribe of] 'Aad and Pharaoh, the owner of stakes,
(13) And [the tribe of] Thamud and the people of Lot and the companions of the thicket. Those are the companies.
(14) Each of them denied the messengers, so My penalty was justified.
(15) And these [disbelievers] await not but one blast [of the Horn]; for it there will be no delay.
(16) And they say, "Our Lord, hasten for us our share [of the punishment] before the Day of Account"