(20) [Moses] said, "I did it, then, while I was of those astray.
(21) So I fled from you when I feared you. Then my Lord granted me wisdom and prophethood and appointed me [as one] of the messengers.
(22) And is this a favor of which you remind me - that you have enslaved the Children of Israel?"
(23) Said Pharaoh, "And what is the Lord of the worlds?"
(24) [Moses] said, "The Lord of the heavens and earth and that between them, if you should be convinced."
(25) [Pharaoh] said to those around him, "Do you not hear?"
(26) [Moses] said, "Your Lord and the Lord of your first forefathers."
(27) [Pharaoh] said, "Indeed, your 'messenger' who has been sent to you is mad."
(28) [Moses] said, "Lord of the east and the west and that between them, if you were to reason."
(29) [Pharaoh] said, "If you take a god other than me, I will surely place you among those imprisoned."
(30) [Moses] said, "Even if I brought you proof manifest?"
(31) [Pharaoh] said, "Then bring it, if you should be of the truthful."
(32) So [Moses] threw his staff, and suddenly it was a serpent manifest.
(33) And he drew out his hand; thereupon it was white for the observers.
(34) [Pharaoh] said to the eminent ones around him, "Indeed, this is a learned magician.
(35) He wants to drive you out of your land by his magic, so what do you advise?"
(36) They said, "Postpone [the matter of] him and his brother and send among the cities gatherers
(37) Who will bring you every learned, skilled magician."
(38) So the magicians were assembled for the appointment of a well-known day.
(39) And it was said to the people, "Will you congregate