(31) [Abraham] said, "Then what is your business [here], O messengers?"
(32) They said, "Indeed, we have been sent to a people of criminals
(33) To send down upon them stones of clay,
(34) Marked in the presence of your Lord for the transgressors."
(35) So We brought out whoever was in the cities of the believers.
(36) And We found not within them other than a [single] house of Muslims.
(37) And We left therein a sign for those who fear the painful punishment.
(38) And in Moses [was a sign], when We sent him to Pharaoh with clear authority.
(39) But he turned away with his supporters and said," A magician or a madman."
(40) So We took him and his soldiers and cast them into the sea, and he was blameworthy.
(41) And in 'Aad [was a sign], when We sent against them the barren wind.
(42) It left nothing of what it came upon but that it made it like disintegrated ruins.
(43) And in Thamud, when it was said to them, "Enjoy yourselves for a time."
(44) But they were insolent toward the command of their Lord, so the thunderbolt seized them while they were looking on.
(45) And they were unable to arise, nor could they defend themselves.
(46) And [We destroyed] the people of Noah before; indeed, they were a people defiantly disobedient.
(47) And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander.
(48) And the earth We have spread out, and excellent is the preparer.
(49) And of all things We created two mates; perhaps you will remember.
(50) So flee to Allah. Indeed, I am to you from Him a clear warner.
(51) And do not make [as equal] with Allah another deity. Indeed, I am to you from Him a clear warner.