(17) There will circulate among them young boys made eternal
(18) With vessels, pitchers and a cup [of wine] from a flowing spring -
(19) No headache will they have therefrom, nor will they be intoxicated -
(20) And fruit of what they select
(21) And the meat of fowl, from whatever they desire.
(22) And [for them are] fair women with large, [beautiful] eyes,
(23) The likenesses of pearls well-protected,
(24) As reward for what they used to do.
(25) They will not hear therein ill speech or commission of sin -
(26) Only a saying: "Peace, peace."
(27) The companions of the right - what are the companions of the right?
(28) [They will be] among lote trees with thorns removed
(29) And [banana] trees layered [with fruit]
(30) And shade extended
(31) And water poured out
(32) And fruit, abundant [and varied],
(33) Neither limited [to season] nor forbidden,
(34) And [upon] beds raised high.
(35) Indeed, We have produced the women of Paradise in a [new] creation
(36) And made them virgins,
(37) Devoted [to their husbands] and of equal age,
(38) For the companions of the right [who are]
(39) A company of the former peoples
(40) And a company of the later peoples.
(41) And the companions of the left - what are the companions of the left?
(42) [They will be] in scorching fire and scalding water
(43) And a shade of black smoke,
(44) Neither cool nor beneficial.
(45) Indeed they were, before that, indulging in affluence,
(46) And they used to persist in the great violation,
(47) And they used to say, "When we die and become dust and bones, are we indeed to be resurrected?
(48) And our forefathers [as well]?"
(49) Say, [O Muhammad], "Indeed, the former and the later peoples
(50) Are to be gathered together for the appointment of a known Day."