(71) [Lot] said, "These are my daughters - if you would be doers [of lawful marriage]."
(72) By your life, [O Muhammad], indeed they were, in their intoxication, wandering blindly.
(73) So the shriek seized them at sunrise.
(74) And We made the highest part [of the city] its lowest and rained upon them stones of hard clay.
(75) Indeed in that are signs for those who discern.
(76) And indeed, those cities are [situated] on an established road.
(77) Indeed in that is a sign for the believers.
(78) And the companions of the thicket were [also] wrongdoers.
(79) So We took retribution from them, and indeed, both [cities] are on a clear highway.
(80) And certainly did the companions of Thamud deny the messengers.
(81) And We gave them Our signs, but from them they were turning away.
(82) And they used to carve from the mountains, houses, feeling secure.
(83) But the shriek seized them at early morning.
(84) So nothing availed them [from] what they used to earn.
(85) And We have not created the heavens and earth and that between them except in truth. And indeed, the Hour is coming; so forgive with gracious forgiveness.
(86) Indeed, your Lord - He is the Knowing Creator.
(87) And We have certainly given you, [O Muhammad], seven of the often repeated [verses] and the great Qur'an.
(88) Do not extend your eyes toward that by which We have given enjoyment to [certain] categories of the disbelievers, and do not grieve over them. And lower your wing to the believers
(89) And say, "Indeed, I am the clear warner" -
(90) Just as We had revealed [scriptures] to the separators