(33) And they do not come to you with an argument except that We bring you the truth and the best explanation.
(34) The ones who are gathered on their faces to Hell - those are the worst in position and farthest astray in [their] way.
(35) And We had certainly given Moses the Scripture and appointed with him his brother Aaron as an assistant.
(36) And We said, "Go both of you to the people who have denied Our signs." Then We destroyed them with [complete] destruction.
(37) And the people of Noah - when they denied the messengers, We drowned them, and We made them for mankind a sign. And We have prepared for the wrongdoers a painful punishment.
(38) And [We destroyed] 'Aad and Thamud and the companions of the well and many generations between them.
(39) And for each We presented examples [as warnings], and each We destroyed with [total] destruction.
(40) And they have already come upon the town which was showered with a rain of evil. So have they not seen it? But they are not expecting resurrection.
(41) And when they see you, [O Muhammad], they take you not except in ridicule, [saying], "Is this the one whom Allah has sent as a messenger?
(42) He almost would have misled us from our gods had we not been steadfast in [worship of] them." But they are going to know, when they see the punishment, who is farthest astray in [his] way.
(43) Have you seen the one who takes as his god his own desire? Then would you be responsible for him?