(20) Those who believe say, "Why has a surah not been sent down? But when a precise surah is revealed and fighting is mentioned therein, you see those in whose hearts is hypocrisy looking at you with a look of one overcome by death. And more appropriate for them [would have been]
(21) Obedience and good words. And when the matter [of fighting] was determined, if they had been true to Allah, it would have been better for them.
(22) So would you perhaps, if you turned away, cause corruption on earth and sever your [ties of] relationship?
(23) Those [who do so] are the ones that Allah has cursed, so He deafened them and blinded their vision.
(24) Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an, or are there locks upon [their] hearts?
(25) Indeed, those who reverted back [to disbelief] after guidance had become clear to them - Satan enticed them and prolonged hope for them.
(26) That is because they said to those who disliked what Allah sent down, "We will obey you in part of the matter." And Allah knows what they conceal.
(27) Then how [will it be] when the angels take them in death, striking their faces and their backs?
(28) That is because they followed what angered Allah and disliked [what earns] His pleasure, so He rendered worthless their deeds.
(29) Or do those in whose hearts is disease think that Allah would never expose their [feelings of] hatred?