(1) By the sky and the night comer -
(2) And what can make you know what is the night comer?
(3) It is the piercing star -
(4) There is no soul but that it has over it a protector.
(5) So let man observe from what he was created.
(6) He was created from a fluid, ejected,
(7) Emerging from between the backbone and the ribs.
(8) Indeed, Allah, to return him [to life], is Able.
(9) The Day when secrets will be put on trial,
(10) Then man will have no power or any helper.
(11) By the sky which returns [rain]
(12) And [by] the earth which cracks open,
(13) Indeed, the Qur'an is a decisive statement,
(14) And it is not amusement.
(15) Indeed, they are planning a plan,
(16) But I am planning a plan.
(17) So allow time for the disbelievers. Leave them awhile.
(1) Exalt the name of your Lord, the Most High,
(2) Who created and proportioned
(3) And who destined and [then] guided
(4) And who brings out the pasture
(5) And [then] makes it black stubble.
(6) We will make you recite, [O Muhammad], and you will not forget,
(7) Except what Allah should will. Indeed, He knows what is declared and what is hidden.
(8) And We will ease you toward ease.
(9) So remind, if the reminder should benefit;
(10) He who fears [Allah] will be reminded.