(17) And you did not kill them, but it was Allah who killed them. And you threw not, [O Muhammad], when you threw, but it was Allah who threw that He might test the believers with a good test. Indeed, Allah is Hearing and Knowing.
(18) That [is so], and [also] that Allah will weaken the plot of the disbelievers.
(19) If you [disbelievers] seek the victory - the defeat has come to you. And if you desist [from hostilities], it is best for you; but if you return [to war], We will return, and never will you be availed by your [large] company at all, even if it should increase; and [that is] because Allah is with the believers.
(20) O you who have believed, obey Allah and His Messenger and do not turn from him while you hear [his order].
(21) And do not be like those who say, "We have heard," while they do not hear.
(22) Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are the deaf and dumb who do not use reason.
(23) Had Allah known any good in them, He would have made them hear. And if He had made them hear, they would [still] have turned away, while they were refusing.
(24) O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life. And know that Allah intervenes between a man and his heart and that to Him you will be gathered.
(25) And fear a trial which will not strike those who have wronged among you exclusively, and know that Allah is severe in penalty.