(23) Indeed, I found [there] a woman ruling them, and she has been given of all things, and she has a great throne.
(24) I found her and her people prostrating to the sun instead of Allah, and Satan has made their deeds pleasing to them and averted them from [His] way, so they are not guided,
(25) [And] so they do not prostrate to Allah, who brings forth what is hidden within the heavens and the earth and knows what you conceal and what you declare -
(26) Allah - there is no deity except Him, Lord of the Great Throne."
(27) [Solomon] said, "We will see whether you were truthful or were of the liars.
(28) Take this letter of mine and deliver it to them. Then leave them and see what [answer] they will return."
(29) She said, "O eminent ones, indeed, to me has been delivered a noble letter.
(30) Indeed, it is from Solomon, and indeed, it reads: 'In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful,
(31) Be not haughty with me but come to me in submission [as Muslims].' "
(32) She said, "O eminent ones, advise me in my affair. I would not decide a matter until you witness [for] me."
(33) They said, "We are men of strength and of great military might, but the command is yours, so see what you will command."
(34) She said, "Indeed kings - when they enter a city, they ruin it and render the honored of its people humbled. And thus do they do.
(35) But indeed, I will send to them a gift and see with what [reply] the messengers will return."