(1) About what are they asking one another?
(2) About the great news -
(3) That over which they are in disagreement.
(4) No! They are going to know.
(5) Then, no! They are going to know.
(6) Have We not made the earth a resting place?
(7) And the mountains as stakes?
(8) And We created you in pairs
(9) And made your sleep [a means for] rest
(10) And made the night as clothing
(11) And made the day for livelihood
(12) And constructed above you seven strong [heavens]
(13) And made [therein] a burning lamp
(14) And sent down, from the rain clouds, pouring water
(15) That We may bring forth thereby grain and vegetation
(16) And gardens of entwined growth.
(17) Indeed, the Day of Judgement is an appointed time -
(18) The Day the Horn is blown and you will come forth in multitudes
(19) And the heaven is opened and will become gateways
(20) And the mountains are removed and will be [but] a mirage.
(21) Indeed, Hell has been lying in wait
(22) For the transgressors, a place of return,
(23) In which they will remain for ages [unending].
(24) They will not taste therein [any] coolness or drink
(25) Except scalding water and [foul] purulence -
(26) An appropriate recompense.
(27) Indeed, they were not expecting an account
(28) And denied Our verses with [emphatic] denial.
(29) But all things We have enumerated in writing.
(30) "So taste [the penalty], and never will We increase you except in torment."