(5) He said, "O my son, do not relate your vision to your brothers or they will contrive against you a plan. Indeed Satan, to man, is a manifest enemy.
(6) And thus will your Lord choose you and teach you the interpretation of narratives and complete His favor upon you and upon the family of Jacob, as He completed it upon your fathers before, Abraham and Isaac. Indeed, your Lord is Knowing and Wise."
(7) Certainly were there in Joseph and his brothers signs for those who ask,
(8) When they said, "Joseph and his brother are more beloved to our father than we, while we are a clan. Indeed, our father is in clear error.
(9) Kill Joseph or cast him out to [another] land; the countenance of your father will [then] be only for you, and you will be after that a righteous people."
(10) Said a speaker among them, "Do not kill Joseph but throw him into the bottom of the well; some travelers will pick him up - if you would do [something]."
(11) They said, "O our father, why do you not entrust us with Joseph while indeed, we are to him sincere counselors?
(12) Send him with us tomorrow that he may eat well and play. And indeed, we will be his guardians.
(13) [Jacob] said, "Indeed, it saddens me that you should take him, and I fear that a wolf would eat him while you are of him unaware."
(14) They said, "If a wolf should eat him while we are a [strong] clan, indeed, we would then be losers."