(14) Say, [O Muhammad], to those who have believed that they [should] forgive those who expect not the days of Allah so that He may recompense a people for what they used to earn.
(15) Whoever does a good deed - it is for himself; and whoever does evil - it is against the self. Then to your Lord you will be returned.
(16) And We did certainly give the Children of Israel the Scripture and judgement and prophethood, and We provided them with good things and preferred them over the worlds.
(17) And We gave them clear proofs of the matter [of religion]. And they did not differ except after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves. Indeed, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which they used to differ.
(18) Then We put you, [O Muhammad], on an ordained way concerning the matter [of religion]; so follow it and do not follow the inclinations of those who do not know.
(19) Indeed, they will never avail you against Allah at all. And indeed, the wrongdoers are allies of one another; but Allah is the protector of the righteous.
(20) This [Qur'an] is enlightenment for mankind and guidance and mercy for a people who are certain [in faith].
(21) Or do those who commit evils think We will make them like those who have believed and done righteous deeds - [make them] equal in their life and their death? Evil is that which they judge.
(22) And Allah created the heavens and earth in truth and so that every soul may be recompensed for what it has earned, and they will not be wronged.