(1) O you who wraps himself [in clothing],
(2) Arise [to pray] the night, except for a little -
(3) Half of it - or subtract from it a little
(4) Or add to it, and recite the Qur'an with measured recitation.
(5) Indeed, We will cast upon you a heavy word.
(6) Indeed, the hours of the night are more effective for concurrence [of heart and tongue] and more suitable for words.
(7) Indeed, for you by day is prolonged occupation.
(8) And remember the name of your Lord and devote yourself to Him with [complete] devotion.
(9) [He is] the Lord of the East and the West; there is no deity except Him, so take Him as Disposer of [your] affairs.
(10) And be patient over what they say and avoid them with gracious avoidance.
(11) And leave Me with [the matter of] the deniers, those of ease [in life], and allow them respite a little.
(12) Indeed, with Us [for them] are shackles and burning fire
(13) And food that chokes and a painful punishment -
(14) On the Day the earth and the mountains will convulse and the mountains will become a heap of sand pouring down.
(15) Indeed, We have sent to you a Messenger as a witness upon you just as We sent to Pharaoh a messenger.
(16) But Pharaoh disobeyed the messenger, so We seized him with a ruinous seizure.
(17) Then how can you fear, if you disbelieve, a Day that will make the children white- haired?
(18) The heaven will break apart therefrom; ever is His promise fulfilled.
(19) Indeed, this is a reminder, so whoever wills may take to his Lord a way.