(1) Blessed is He in whose hand is dominion, and He is over all things competent -
(2) [He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving -
(3) [And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?
(4) Then return [your] vision twice again. [Your] vision will return to you humbled while it is fatigued.
(5) And We have certainly beautified the nearest heaven with stars and have made [from] them what is thrown at the devils and have prepared for them the punishment of the Blaze.
(6) And for those who disbelieved in their Lord is the punishment of Hell, and wretched is the destination.
(7) When they are thrown into it, they hear from it a [dreadful] inhaling while it boils up.
(8) It almost bursts with rage. Every time a company is thrown into it, its keepers ask them, "Did there not come to you a warner?"
(9) They will say," Yes, a warner had come to us, but we denied and said, 'Allah has not sent down anything. You are not but in great error.'"
(10) And they will say, "If only we had been listening or reasoning, we would not be among the companions of the Blaze."
(11) And they will admit their sin, so [it is] alienation for the companions of the Blaze.
(12) Indeed, those who fear their Lord unseen will have forgiveness and great reward.