(39) That is from what your Lord has revealed to you, [O Muhammad], of wisdom. And, [O mankind], do not make [as equal] with Allah another deity, lest you be thrown into Hell, blamed and banished.
(40) Then, has your Lord chosen you for [having] sons and taken from among the angels daughters? Indeed, you say a grave saying.
(41) And We have certainly diversified [the contents] in this Qur'an that mankind may be reminded, but it does not increase the disbelievers except in aversion.
(42) Say, [O Muhammad], "If there had been with Him [other] gods, as they say, then they [each] would have sought to the Owner of the Throne a way."
(43) Exalted is He and high above what they say by great sublimity.
(44) The seven heavens and the earth and whatever is in them exalt Him. And there is not a thing except that it exalts [Allah] by His praise, but you do not understand their [way of] exalting. Indeed, He is ever Forbearing and Forgiving.
(45) And when you recite the Qur'an, We put between you and those who do not believe in the Hereafter a concealed partition.
(46) And We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And when you mention your Lord alone in the Qur'an, they turn back in aversion.
(47) We are most knowing of how they listen to it when they listen to you and [of] when they are in private conversation, when the wrongdoers say, "You follow not but a man affected by magic."
(48) Look how they strike for you comparisons; but they have strayed, so they cannot [find] a way.
(49) And they say, "When we are bones and crumbled particles, will we [truly] be resurrected as a new creation?"