(75) [Al-Khidh r] said, "Did I not tell you that with me you would never be able to have patience?"
(76) [Moses] said, "If I should ask you about anything after this, then do not keep me as a companion. You have obtained from me an excuse."
(77) So they set out, until when they came to the people of a town, they asked its people for food, but they refused to offer them hospitality. And they found therein a wall about to collapse, so al-Khidh r restored it. [Moses] said, "If you wished, you could have taken for it a payment."
(78) [Al-Khidh r] said, "This is parting between me and you. I will inform you of the interpretation of that about which you could not have patience.
(79) As for the ship, it belonged to poor people working at sea. So I intended to cause defect in it as there was after them a king who seized every [good] ship by force.
(80) And as for the boy, his parents were believers, and we feared that he would overburden them by transgression and disbelief.
(81) So we intended that their Lord should substitute for them one better than him in purity and nearer to mercy.
(82) And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the city, and there was beneath it a treasure for them, and their father had been righteous. So your Lord intended that they reach maturity and extract their treasure, as a mercy from your Lord. And I did it not of my own accord. That is the interpretation of that about which you could not have patience."
(83) And they ask you, [O Muhammad], about Dhul-Qarnayn. Say, "I will recite to you about him a report."