(62) So when they had passed beyond it, [Moses] said to his boy, "Bring us our morning meal. We have certainly suffered in this, our journey, [much] fatigue."
(63) He said, "Did you see when we retired to the rock? Indeed, I forgot [there] the fish. And none made me forget it except Satan - that I should mention it. And it took its course into the sea amazingly".
(64) [Moses] said, "That is what we were seeking." So they returned, following their footprints.
(65) And they found a servant from among Our servants to whom we had given mercy from us and had taught him from Us a [certain] knowledge.
(66) Moses said to him, "May I follow you on [the condition] that you teach me from what you have been taught of sound judgement?"
(67) He said, "Indeed, with me you will never be able to have patience.
(68) And how can you have patience for what you do not encompass in knowledge?"
(69) [Moses] said, "You will find me, if Allah wills, patient, and I will not disobey you in [any] order."
(70) He said, "Then if you follow me, do not ask me about anything until I make to you about it mention."
(71) So they set out, until when they had embarked on the ship, al-Khidh r tore it open. [Moses] said, "Have you torn it open to drown its people? You have certainly done a grave thing."
(72) [Al-Khidh r] said, "Did I not say that with me you would never be able to have patience?"
(73) [Moses] said, "Do not blame me for what I forgot and do not cover me in my matter with difficulty."
(74) So they set out, until when they met a boy, al-Khidh r killed him. [Moses] said, "Have you killed a pure soul for other than [having killed] a soul? You have certainly done a deplorable thing."