(36) But when Moses came to them with Our signs as clear evidences, they said, "This is not except invented magic, and we have not heard of this [religion] among our forefathers."
(37) And Moses said, "My Lord is more knowing [than we or you] of who has come with guidance from Him and to whom will be succession in the home. Indeed, wrongdoers do not succeed."
(38) And Pharaoh said, "O eminent ones, I have not known you to have a god other than me. Then ignite for me, O Haman, [a fire] upon the clay and make for me a tower that I may look at the God of Moses. And indeed, I do think he is among the liars."
(39) And he was arrogant, he and his soldiers, in the land, without right, and they thought that they would not be returned to Us.
(40) So We took him and his soldiers and threw them into the sea. So see how was the end of the wrongdoers.
(41) And We made them leaders inviting to the Fire, and on the Day of Resurrection they will not be helped.
(42) And We caused to overtake them in this world a curse, and on the Day of Resurrection they will be of the despised.
(43) And We gave Moses the Scripture, after We had destroyed the former generations, as enlightenment for the people and guidance and mercy that they might be reminded.