(32) Those who were arrogant will say to those who were oppressed, "Did we avert you from guidance after it had come to you? Rather, you were criminals."
(33) Those who were oppressed will say to those who were arrogant, "Rather, [it was your] conspiracy of night and day when you were ordering us to disbelieve in Allah and attribute to Him equals." But they will [all] confide regret when they see the punishment; and We will put shackles on the necks of those who disbelieved. Will they be recompensed except for what they used to do?
(34) And We did not send into a city any warner except that its affluent said, "Indeed we, in that with which you were sent, are disbelievers."
(35) And they said, "We are more [than the believers] in wealth and children, and we are not to be punished."
(36) Say, "Indeed, my Lord extends provision for whom He wills and restricts [it], but most of the people do not know."
(37) And it is not your wealth or your children that bring you nearer to Us in position, but it is [by being] one who has believed and done righteousness. For them there will be the double reward for what they did, and they will be in the upper chambers [of Paradise], safe [and secure].
(38) And the ones who strive against Our verses to cause [them] failure - those will be brought into the punishment [to remain].
(39) Say, "Indeed, my Lord extends provision for whom He wills of His servants and restricts [it] for him. But whatever thing you spend [in His cause] - He will compensate it; and He is the best of providers."