(137) This is not but the custom of the former peoples,
(138) And we are not to be punished."
(139) And they denied him, so We destroyed them. Indeed in that is a sign, but most of them were not to be believers.
(140) And indeed, your Lord - He is the Exalted in Might, the Merciful.
(141) Thamud denied the messengers
(142) When their brother Salih said to them, "Will you not fear Allah?
(143) Indeed, I am to you a trustworthy messenger.
(144) So fear Allah and obey me.
(145) And I do not ask you for it any payment. My payment is only from the Lord of the worlds.
(146) Will you be left in what is here, secure [from death],
(147) Within gardens and springs
(148) And fields of crops and palm trees with softened fruit?
(149) And you carve out of the mountains, homes, with skill.
(150) So fear Allah and obey me.
(151) And do not obey the order of the transgressors,
(152) Who cause corruption in the land and do not amend."
(153) They said, "You are only of those affected by magic.
(154) You are but a man like ourselves, so bring a sign, if you should be of the truthful."
(155) He said, "This is a she-camel. For her is a [time of] drink, and for you is a [time of] drink, [each] on a known day.
(156) And do not touch her with harm, lest you be seized by the punishment of a terrible day."
(157) But they hamstrung her and so became regretful.
(158) And the punishment seized them. Indeed in that is a sign, but most of them were not to be believers.
(159) And indeed, your Lord - He is the Exalted in Might, the Merciful.