(74) And remember when He made you successors after the 'Aad and settled you in the land, [and] you take for yourselves palaces from its plains and carve from the mountains, homes. Then remember the favors of Allah and do not commit abuse on the earth, spreading corruption."
(75) Said the eminent ones who were arrogant among his people to those who were oppressed - to those who believed among them, "Do you [actually] know that Salih is sent from his Lord?" They said, "Indeed we, in that with which he was sent, are believers."
(76) Said those who were arrogant, "Indeed we, in that which you have believed, are disbelievers."
(77) So they hamstrung the she-camel and were insolent toward the command of their Lord and said, "O Salih, bring us what you promise us, if you should be of the messengers."
(78) So the earthquake seized them, and they became within their home [corpses] fallen prone.
(79) And he turned away from them and said, "O my people, I had certainly conveyed to you the message of my Lord and advised you, but you do not like advisors."
(80) And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds?
(81) Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people."