(58) And the good land - its vegetation emerges by permission of its Lord; but that which is bad - nothing emerges except sparsely, with difficulty. Thus do We diversify the signs for a people who are grateful.
(59) We had certainly sent Noah to his people, and he said, "O my people, worship Allah; you have no deity other than Him. Indeed, I fear for you the punishment of a tremendous Day.
(60) Said the eminent among his people, "Indeed, we see you in clear error."
(61) [Noah] said, "O my people, there is not error in me, but I am a messenger from the Lord of the worlds."
(62) I convey to you the messages of my Lord and advise you; and I know from Allah what you do not know.
(63) Then do you wonder that there has come to you a reminder from your Lord through a man from among you, that he may warn you and that you may fear Allah so you might receive mercy."
(64) But they denied him, so We saved him and those who were with him in the ship. And We drowned those who denied Our signs. Indeed, they were a blind people.
(65) And to the 'Aad [We sent] their brother Hud. He said, "O my people, worship Allah; you have no deity other than Him. Then will you not fear Him?"
(66) Said the eminent ones who disbelieved among his people, "Indeed, we see you in foolishness, and indeed, we think you are of the liars."
(67) [Hud] said, "O my people, there is not foolishness in me, but I am a messenger from the Lord of the worlds."