(47) To him [alone] is attributed knowledge of the Hour. And fruits emerge not from their coverings nor does a female conceive or give birth except with His knowledge. And the Day He will call to them, "Where are My 'partners'?" they will say, "We announce to You that there is [no longer] among us any witness [to that]."
(48) And lost from them will be those they were invoking before, and they will be certain that they have no place of escape.
(49) Man is not weary of supplication for good [things], but if evil touches him, he is hopeless and despairing.
(50) And if We let him taste mercy from Us after an adversity which has touched him, he will surely say, "This is [due] to me, and I do not think the Hour will occur; and [even] if I should be returned to my Lord, indeed, for me there will be with Him the best." But We will surely inform those who disbelieved about what they did, and We will surely make them taste a massive punishment.
(51) And when We bestow favor upon man, he turns away and distances himself; but when evil touches him, then he is full of extensive supplication.
(52) Say, "Have you considered: if the Qur'an is from Allah and you disbelieved in it, who would be more astray than one who is in extreme dissension?"
(53) We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?
(54) Unquestionably, they are in doubt about the meeting with their Lord. Unquestionably He is, of all things, encompassing.