(1) Ha, Meem.
(2) [This is] a revelation from the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful -
(3) A Book whose verses have been detailed, an Arabic Qur'an for a people who know,
(4) As a giver of good tidings and a warner; but most of them turn away, so they do not hear.
(5) And they say, "Our hearts are within coverings from that to which you invite us, and in our ears is deafness, and between us and you is a partition, so work; indeed, we are working."
(6) Say, O [Muhammad], "I am only a man like you to whom it has been revealed that your god is but one God; so take a straight course to Him and seek His forgiveness." And woe to those who associate others with Allah -
(7) Those who do not give zakah, and in the Hereafter they are disbelievers.
(8) Indeed, those who believe and do righteous deeds - for them is a reward uninterrupted.
(9) Say, "Do you indeed disbelieve in He who created the earth in two days and attribute to Him equals? That is the Lord of the worlds."
(10) And He placed on the earth firmly set mountains over its surface, and He blessed it and determined therein its [creatures'] sustenance in four days without distinction - for [the information] of those who ask.
(11) Then He directed Himself to the heaven while it was smoke and said to it and to the earth, "Come [into being], willingly or by compulsion." They said, "We have come willingly."