(28) And We did not send down upon his people after him any soldiers from the heaven, nor would We have done so.
(29) It was not but one shout, and immediately they were extinguished.
(30) How regretful for the servants. There did not come to them any messenger except that they used to ridicule him.
(31) Have they not considered how many generations We destroyed before them - that they to them will not return?
(32) And indeed, all of them will yet be brought present before Us.
(33) And a sign for them is the dead earth. We have brought it to life and brought forth from it grain, and from it they eat.
(34) And We placed therein gardens of palm trees and grapevines and caused to burst forth therefrom some springs -
(35) That they may eat of His fruit. And their hands have not produced it, so will they not be grateful?
(36) Exalted is He who created all pairs - from what the earth grows and from themselves and from that which they do not know.
(37) And a sign for them is the night. We remove from it [the light of] day, so they are [left] in darkness.
(38) And the sun runs [on course] toward its stopping point. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.
(39) And the moon - We have determined for it phases, until it returns [appearing] like the old date stalk.
(40) It is not allowable for the sun to reach the moon, nor does the night overtake the day, but each, in an orbit, is swimming.