(13) And present to them an example: the people of the city, when the messengers came to it -
(14) When We sent to them two but they denied them, so We strengthened them with a third, and they said, "Indeed, we are messengers to you."
(15) They said, "You are not but human beings like us, and the Most Merciful has not revealed a thing. You are only telling lies."
(16) They said, "Our Lord knows that we are messengers to you,
(17) And we are not responsible except for clear notification."
(18) They said, "Indeed, we consider you a bad omen. If you do not desist, we will surely stone you, and there will surely touch you, from us, a painful punishment."
(19) They said, "Your omen is with yourselves. Is it because you were reminded? Rather, you are a transgressing people."
(20) And there came from the farthest end of the city a man, running. He said, "O my people, follow the messengers.
(21) Follow those who do not ask of you [any] payment, and they are [rightly] guided.
(22) And why should I not worship He who created me and to whom you will be returned?
(23) Should I take other than Him [false] deities [while], if the Most Merciful intends for me some adversity, their intercession will not avail me at all, nor can they save me?
(24) Indeed, I would then be in manifest error.
(25) Indeed, I have believed in your Lord, so listen to me."
(26) It was said, "Enter Paradise." He said, "I wish my people could know
(27) Of how my Lord has forgiven me and placed me among the honored."