(26) So eat and drink and be contented. And if you see from among humanity anyone, say, 'Indeed, I have vowed to the Most Merciful abstention, so I will not speak today to [any] man.' "
(27) Then she brought him to her people, carrying him. They said, "O Mary, you have certainly done a thing unprecedented.
(28) O sister of Aaron, your father was not a man of evil, nor was your mother unchaste."
(29) So she pointed to him. They said, "How can we speak to one who is in the cradle a child?"
(30) [Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.
(31) And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive
(32) And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.
(33) And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."
(34) That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute.
(35) It is not [befitting] for Allah to take a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, "Be," and it is.
(36) [Jesus said], "And indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path."
(37) Then the factions differed [concerning Jesus] from among them, so woe to those who disbelieved - from the scene of a tremendous Day.
(38) How [clearly] they will hear and see the Day they come to Us, but the wrongdoers today are in clear error.