(44) They said, "[It is but] a mixture of false dreams, and we are not learned in the interpretation of dreams."
(45) But the one who was freed and remembered after a time said, "I will inform you of its interpretation, so send me forth."
(46) [He said], "Joseph, O man of truth, explain to us about seven fat cows eaten by seven [that were] lean, and seven green spikes [of grain] and others [that were] dry - that I may return to the people; perhaps they will know [about you]."
(47) [Joseph] said, "You will plant for seven years consecutively; and what you harvest leave in its spikes, except a little from which you will eat.
(48) Then will come after that seven difficult [years] which will consume what you saved for them, except a little from which you will store.
(49) Then will come after that a year in which the people will be given rain and in which they will press [olives and grapes]."
(50) And the king said, "Bring him to me." But when the messenger came to him, [Joseph] said, "Return to your master and ask him what is the case of the women who cut their hands. Indeed, my Lord is Knowing of their plan."
(51) Said [the king to the women], "What was your condition when you sought to seduce Joseph?" They said, "Perfect is Allah! We know about him no evil." The wife of al-'Azeez said, "Now the truth has become evident. It was I who sought to seduce him, and indeed, he is of the truthful.
(52) That is so al-'Azeez will know that I did not betray him in [his] absence and that Allah does not guide the plan of betrayers.