(1) [This is] a surah which We have sent down and made [that within it] obligatory and revealed therein verses of clear evidence that you might remember.
(2) The [unmarried] woman or [unmarried] man found guilty of sexual intercourse - lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment.
(3) The fornicator does not marry except a [female] fornicator or polytheist, and none marries her except a fornicator or a polytheist, and that has been made unlawful to the believers.
(4) And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses - lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient,
(5) Except for those who repent thereafter and reform, for indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
(6) And those who accuse their wives [of adultery] and have no witnesses except themselves - then the witness of one of them [shall be] four testimonies [swearing] by Allah that indeed, he is of the truthful.
(7) And the fifth [oath will be] that the curse of Allah be upon him if he should be among the liars.
(8) But it will prevent punishment from her if she gives four testimonies [swearing] by Allah that indeed, he is of the liars.
(9) And the fifth [oath will be] that the wrath of Allah be upon her if he was of the truthful.
(10) And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy... and because Allah is Accepting of repentance and Wise.