(75) And even if We gave them mercy and removed what was upon them of affliction, they would persist in their transgression, wandering blindly.
(76) And We had gripped them with suffering [as a warning], but they did not yield to their Lord, nor did they humbly supplicate, [and will continue thus]
(77) Until when We have opened before them a door of severe punishment, immediately they will be therein in despair.
(78) And it is He who produced for you hearing and vision and hearts; little are you grateful.
(79) And it is He who has multiplied you throughout the earth, and to Him you will be gathered.
(80) And it is He who gives life and causes death, and His is the alternation of the night and the day. Then will you not reason?
(81) Rather, they say like what the former peoples said.
(82) They said, "When we have died and become dust and bones, are we indeed to be resurrected?
(83) We have been promised this, we and our forefathers, before; this is not but legends of the former peoples."
(84) Say, [O Muhammad], "To whom belongs the earth and whoever is in it, if you should know?"
(85) They will say, "To Allah." Say, "Then will you not remember?"
(86) Say, "Who is Lord of the seven heavens and Lord of the Great Throne?"
(87) They will say, "[They belong] to Allah." Say, "Then will you not fear Him?"
(88) Say, "In whose hand is the realm of all things - and He protects while none can protect against Him - if you should know?"
(89) They will say, "[All belongs] to Allah." Say, "Then how are you deluded?"