(1) [The time of] their account has approached for the people, while they are in heedlessness turning away.
(2) No mention comes to them anew from their Lord except that they listen to it while they are at play
(3) With their hearts distracted. And those who do wrong conceal their private conversation, [saying], "Is this [Prophet] except a human being like you? So would you approach magic while you are aware [of it]?"
(4) The Prophet said, "My Lord knows whatever is said throughout the heaven and earth, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing."
(5) But they say, "[The revelation is but] a mixture of false dreams; rather, he has invented it; rather, he is a poet. So let him bring us a sign just as the previous [messengers] were sent [with miracles]."
(6) Not a [single] city which We destroyed believed before them, so will they believe?
(7) And We sent not before you, [O Muhammad], except men to whom We revealed [the message], so ask the people of the message if you do not know.
(8) And We did not make the prophets forms not eating food, nor were they immortal [on earth].
(9) Then We fulfilled for them the promise, and We saved them and whom We willed and destroyed the transgressors.
(10) We have certainly sent down to you a Book in which is your mention. Then will you not reason?