(39) And warn them, [O Muhammad], of the Day of Regret, when the matter will be concluded; and [yet], they are in [a state of] heedlessness, and they do not believe.
(40) Indeed, it is We who will inherit the earth and whoever is on it, and to Us they will be returned.
(41) And mention in the Book [the story of] Abraham. Indeed, he was a man of truth and a prophet.
(42) [Mention] when he said to his father, "O my father, why do you worship that which does not hear and does not see and will not benefit you at all?
(43) O my father, indeed there has come to me of knowledge that which has not come to you, so follow me; I will guide you to an even path.
(44) O my father, do not worship Satan. Indeed Satan has ever been, to the Most Merciful, disobedient.
(45) O my father, indeed I fear that there will touch you a punishment from the Most Merciful so you would be to Satan a companion [in Hellfire]."
(46) [His father] said, "Have you no desire for my gods, O Abraham? If you do not desist, I will surely stone you, so avoid me a prolonged time."
(47) [Abraham] said, "Peace will be upon you. I will ask forgiveness for you of my Lord. Indeed, He is ever gracious to me.
(48) And I will leave you and those you invoke other than Allah and will invoke my Lord. I expect that I will not be in invocation to my Lord unhappy."
(49) So when he had left them and those they worshipped other than Allah, We gave him Isaac and Jacob, and each [of them] We made a prophet.
(50) And We gave them of Our mercy, and we made for them a reputation of high honor.
(51) And mention in the Book, Moses. Indeed, he was chosen, and he was a messenger and a prophet.