(1) They ask you, [O Muhammad], about the bounties [of war]. Say, "The [decision concerning] bounties is for Allah and the Messenger." So fear Allah and amend that which is between you and obey Allah and His Messenger, if you should be believers.
(2) The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, their hearts become fearful, and when His verses are recited to them, it increases them in faith; and upon their Lord they rely -
(3) The ones who establish prayer, and from what We have provided them, they spend.
(4) Those are the believers, truly. For them are degrees [of high position] with their Lord and forgiveness and noble provision.
(5) [It is] just as when your Lord brought you out of your home [for the battle of Badr] in truth, while indeed, a party among the believers were unwilling,
(6) Arguing with you concerning the truth after it had become clear, as if they were being driven toward death while they were looking on.
(7) [Remember, O believers], when Allah promised you one of the two groups - that it would be yours - and you wished that the unarmed one would be yours. But Allah intended to establish the truth by His words and to eliminate the disbelievers
(8) That He should establish the truth and abolish falsehood, even if the criminals disliked it.